Southern Highbush Zones 5-9
· O’Neal is considered by many to offer the best flavor of all Southern Highbush blueberries. This self-fertile bush bears attractive, large, very sweet fruit, followed by orange and wine colored fall foliage and red stems. Berry quality does not deteriorate under high temperatures. Matures 4-6 feet.
· Misty is rated the best by many for yield, flavor and fruit quality. It is also an excellent landscape choice. The blue-green foliage is a perfect foil for the pink and white spring flowers. The medium-sized sky blue fruit are sweetly delicious. Yields are best when it is planted with other varieties. Matures 4-6 feet.
· Blueridge bears large, firm, light blue fruit on a vigorous, productive, upright plant. Matures 5– 30 inches.
· Jubilee has proven itself in heavy soils, summer heat, and sudden cold winter temperatures. This self-fertile blueberry produces medium-sized, sweet, sky blue berries borne in large clusters, ripening over a two-week period. Matures 5-6 feet.
· Sunshine Blue is the ultimate edible ornamental. New leaves are sky-blue maturing to blue gray, a great foil for the beautiful pink flowers. It produces dark blue fruit over a long season. This semi-evergreen, self-fertile shrub is well-suited to patio or container gardens. Matures 3-4 feet.